1/1 Photo of Spanish Tortilla With Vidalia Onions & Ham
Cookin' for 3's Note:
I've learned how to make this simple but yet very tasty recipe from my Spanish Father. It may be eaten at anytime of the day. Note: The smaller the pot the better one can flip over. I've also made a few changes to make it easier and less time consuming for the working parents.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make sure cooking oil is hot enough before you toss the frozen diced hash brown potatoes (Med-High). Remove from pan and set aside on paper towels once they are light brown in color as it needs to drain thoroughly.
- 2In the meantime, that the hash brown are cooking begin to cut the onions either in slices or cubed and place them in a microwaveable dish with the butter and cook for 6-7 mins or until the onions are a translucent color. Please add by minute increments if necessary, for the onions.
- 3In a nice size bowl, beat the eggs, milk and salt.
- 4Spray the pan (I use a 3qt size).
- 5Place all the ingredients together plus the ham.
- 6Cook on Low-Medium and cover until the egg have thicken and same can be flipped over to a plate and back to the pot for the other side to cook and get a nice golden color.
- 7Add a sprig of Parsley or Cilantro for presentation/decoration.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Tortilla With Vidalia Onions & Ham
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.4
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 233.4 mg
- Sodium 381.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 12.7 g