Prep 6 mins
Cook 40 mins
I've learned how to make this simple but yet very tasty recipe from my Spanish Father. It may be eaten at anytime of the day. Note: The smaller the pot the better one can flip over. I've also made a few changes to make it easier and less time consuming for the working parents.
- Make sure cooking oil is hot enough before you toss the frozen diced hash brown potatoes (Med-High). Remove from pan and set aside on paper towels once they are light brown in color as it needs to drain thoroughly.
- In the meantime, that the hash brown are cooking begin to cut the onions either in slices or cubed and place them in a microwaveable dish with the butter and cook for 6-7 mins or until the onions are a translucent color. Please add by minute increments if necessary, for the onions.
- In a nice size bowl, beat the eggs, milk and salt.
- Spray the pan (I use a 3qt size).
- Place all the ingredients together plus the ham.
- Cook on Low-Medium and cover until the egg have thicken and same can be flipped over to a plate and back to the pot for the other side to cook and get a nice golden color.
- Add a sprig of Parsley or Cilantro for presentation/decoration.