Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From The Tapas Cookbook. Serves 8 as part of a tapas meal.
Make and share this Spanish Tortilla (Tapas) recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a nonstick 10-inch skillet over high heat. Add the olive oil. Reduce the heat, then add the potatoes and onion and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and season generously with salt and pepper. Drain the potatoes and onion while at the same time keeping the residual oil. Carefully stir the vegetables into the eggs, then let stand for 10 minutes.
- With a wooden spoon or spatula, remove any crusty bits stuck to the bottom of the skillet. Reheat the skillet over medium heat with 4 tablespoons of the reserved oil.
- Add the egg mixture and smooth the surface, pressing the potatoes and onions into an even layer.
- Cook for 5 minutes, shaking the skillet occasionally, until the bottom is set. Use a spatula to loosen the side of the tortilla. Place a large plate over the top and carefully invert the skillet and plate together so the tortilla drops onto the plate.
- Prepare the skillet by coating it with a tablespoon of the remaining reserved oil. Carefully slide the tortilla back into the skillet, cooked-side up. Run the spatula around the tortilla, to tuck in the edge.
- Continue cooking for 3 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the base is golden brown. Remove the skillet from the heat and slide the tortilla onto a plate. Rest for 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with parsley and serve.