Recipe by Katzen
The potato omelette is a traditional Spanish tapas, or appetizer, but it's equally good for breakfast or brunch. Found while looking for spanish recipes for ZWT5.
Top Review by loof
Yum - very tasty eggs! I cut this down to 2 servings; I don't care for onion so left it out, and I used a small red potato so I didn't peel it. Served with salsa and enjoyed a great breakfast - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the potatoes as thin as possible and dry with a paper towel.
- Sauté potatoes and onions in olive oil over medium heat, turning frequently, until golden brown (about three minutes).
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with salt and pepper until foamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the eggs over the potatoes, cover, lower the heat, and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until the omelette is set and the bottom is golden brown.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate, cover with the other plate, flip, and slide the omelette back into the pan, so that the cooked side is on top.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes longer.
- Cut into wedges and serve.