Recipe by PugsAndKisses
Posted per request. From "Tyler's Ultimate" on Food Network, where he visited a prominent tapas bar in Spain, this is the recipe the lady made.
- 6 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 small onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided use
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil, divided use
- 7 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl mix the potatoes, onions, and 1/2 teaspoon salt by hand.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Fry the potatoes and onions on low heat and cover with a lid for 5 minutes to let them soften.
- Turn up the heat for another 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the stove and drain off any excess oil.
- Meanwhile break the eggs into a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining salt and milk and whisk vigorously until frothy.
- Add the potatoes and onions to the eggs and mix until fully integrated.
- Clean the frying pan and return to stove.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil on a high heat and pour in the mixture, moving it around in the pan to help the tortilla to rise.
- Fry until golden brown, stirring occasionally until it has set.
- Then turn down the heat to allow the inside to cook.
- After a few minutes turn up the heat in order to brown the tortilla.
- When it's cooked place a large plate over the frying pan and flip the tortilla onto it.
- Return to the pan and fry the other side until golden brown.
- Cut into wedges to serve as tapas.