Recipe by English_Rose
This rice dish can be used to stuff red bell peppers: slice the top of 4 red peppers, drizzle with olive oil and roast until softened, stuff with rice and serve. A recipe for UK mag FRESH.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chile, deseeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 9 ounces white medium grain rice
- 1 (14 ounce) canchopped tomatoes with herbs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pan. Cook the onion until softened. Add garlic and chilli and stir through for 1 minute.
- Stir in ginger and tomato paste, cook for 1 minute.
- Add rice to the pan and stir well.
- Pour in chopped tomatoes and broth and stir.
- Sprinkle over sugar and season with salt and pepper, bring to simmering point, lower the heat, cover and cook for 12-15 mins until rice is plump.
- Serve with cilantro sprinkled on top.