Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These tasty tapas snacks are ready in just 5 minutes, the perfect accompaniment for a drinks, tapas or summer cocktail party. Jamón serrano is a Spanish ham & similar to prosciutto - which you could use instead. Try to use sun ripened (not cold frame) tomatoes - they really make a huge difference to this recipe! This recipe serves 10 to 12 people, with other accompaniments on offer.
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1-2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 20-24 slice baguette
- 5-6 slice serrano ham
- chopped fresh basil or flat leaf parsley, to serve
- Mix together the chopped tomatoes, garlic clove/s, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Keep the mixture in the fridge until needed.
- To serve, toast the slices of baguette. Spoon a little tomato topping on to each piece of toast.
- Tear the slices of jamón serrano into pieces and put one piece on each slice of bread.
- Arrange on a large attractive plate, sprinkle with chopped basil or flat leaf parsley and eat!
Gracias for treating me to such a natural and simple dish for my lunch today. I used vine tomatoes , Spanish olive oil and Serrano ham to really make me feel like I was having my lunch in Spain instead of slightly chilly London. It tasted as fresh as it looked. The only thing I might change next time is just to slice my baguette a bit thinner so I can get it more easily into my mouth without spilling any of those tasty tomatoes down my top. Made for the Chow Hound team for ZWT5.
yummy. I was looking to recreate tapas from a recent trip to Barcelona...this was perfect!
Delicioso! Didn`t have to change a thing! Served with Cabernet Sauvignon (Reserva), Penedes, Spain. Perfecto!