Recipe by Coffee Criss
This soup is SO delicious, you can serve it at any time (not just during HCG diet). Counts for 1 vegetable. It makes quite a lot, so I've listed it as 2 servings, but if you're REALLY hungry, can count for one. Taken from The HCG Diet Cookbook Gourmet Success.
Top Review by Teresa in Charleston
This was so satisfying! I didn't purée it because I like my soup with more texture so I just diced the veggies well. Made enough for dinner and lunch the next day! Thanks Coffee Criss!
- 473.18 ml low sodium chicken broth or 473.18 ml vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 473.18 ml fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 85.04 g tomato paste
- 6 leaf fresh basil, rolled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 29.58 ml onions, chopped
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 0.25 ml marjoram
- 0.25 ml sea salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour broth in saucepan and add bay leaf.
- Purée remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Pour purée in saucepan with broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnish with fresh basil leaves or parsley.