1/1 Photo of Spanish Tomato Basil Soup - HCG Phase 2
Coffee Criss's Note:
This soup is SO delicious, you can serve it at any time (not just during HCG diet). Counts for 1 vegetable. It makes quite a lot, so I've listed it as 2 servings, but if you're REALLY hungry, can count for one. Taken from The HCG Diet Cookbook Gourmet Success.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml low sodium chicken broth or 473.18 ml vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 473.18 ml fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 85.04 g tomato paste
- 6 leaf fresh basil, rolled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 29.58 ml onions, chopped
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 0.25 ml marjoram
- 0.25 ml sea salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 1Pour broth in saucepan and add bay leaf.
- 2Purée remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- 3Pour purée in saucepan with broth and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Serve hot, garnish with fresh basil leaves or parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Tomato Basil Soup - HCG Phase 2
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.6
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 499.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 8.8 g