1/1 Photo of Spanish Tomato Basil Soup - HCG Phase 2
Coffee Criss's Note:
This soup is SO delicious, you can serve it at any time (not just during HCG diet). Counts for 1 vegetable. It makes quite a lot, so I've listed it as 2 servings, but if you're REALLY hungry, can count for one. Taken from The HCG Diet Cookbook Gourmet Success.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 6 leaves fresh basil, rolled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1Pour broth in saucepan and add bay leaf.
- 2Purée remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- 3Pour purée in saucepan with broth and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Serve hot, garnish with fresh basil leaves or parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Tomato Basil Soup - HCG Phase 2
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.6
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 499.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 8.8 g