Recipe by Coffee Criss
This soup is SO delicious, you can serve it at any time (not just during HCG diet). Counts for 1 vegetable. It makes quite a lot, so I've listed it as 2 servings, but if you're REALLY hungry, can count for one. Taken from The HCG Diet Cookbook Gourmet Success.
Top Review by Teresa in Charleston
This was so satisfying! I didn't purée it because I like my soup with more texture so I just diced the veggies well. Made enough for dinner and lunch the next day! Thanks Coffee Criss!
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 6 leaves fresh basil, rolled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour broth in saucepan and add bay leaf.
- Purée remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Pour purée in saucepan with broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnish with fresh basil leaves or parsley.