Recipe by Wildflour
My sister shared this recipe with me that she got when she visited Spain. She said this is WONDERFUL and they serve it everywhere there! Can't wait to try to it, hope you try it soon, too!
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 4.92 ml soft brown sugar
- 1 loaf flat bread, such as ciabatta
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place tomatoes, garlic, salt, lemon rind, and brown sugar in a small pan.
- Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes until the tomatoes have released their juices. Split the loaf in half horizontally, then cut each half width ways into 2-3 pieces, so that you have 4-6 flat pieces.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 5-8 minutes until hot, crisp, and golden brown.
- While the bread is baking, stir the lemon juice and olive oil into the tomato mixture. Cook 8 minutes more, until the mixture is thick and pulpy.
- Spread the tomato mixture onto the hot bread, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper, and serve at once in a basket or on a platter.