1/5 Photos of Spanish Tomato and Garlic Bread
My sister shared this recipe with me that she got when she visited Spain. She said this is WONDERFUL and they serve it everywhere there! Can't wait to try to it, hope you try it soon, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Place tomatoes, garlic, salt, lemon rind, and brown sugar in a small pan.
- 3Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes until the tomatoes have released their juices. Split the loaf in half horizontally, then cut each half width ways into 2-3 pieces, so that you have 4-6 flat pieces.
- 4Bake on a baking sheet for 5-8 minutes until hot, crisp, and golden brown.
- 5While the bread is baking, stir the lemon juice and olive oil into the tomato mixture. Cook 8 minutes more, until the mixture is thick and pulpy.
- 6Spread the tomato mixture onto the hot bread, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper, and serve at once in a basket or on a platter.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Tomato and Garlic Bread
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.9
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 310.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: