Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mild white fish in a savory tomato and olive sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces tilapia fillets
- Heat oil over medium high heat in skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, olives, lemon, wine and black pepper. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Place fish in sauce and simmer 5-7 minutes or until fish is done.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
We really enjoy this recipe.
Thanks - this was great! Everyone in my family enjoyed it, from my husband to picky 3 year old to my 15 month old (although, the kids skipped the olives!). Yum!
Totally wonderful. Kel, this is excellent--made with garden tomatoes--mine are really coming in now, Kamalata olives to use up, and green onions--to use as well. I did add a dash of Greek organo, which gave it a really nice flavor boost for us(hope you don't mind)...would be as good without it. I grilled the Tilapia for a nano second and enjoyed this very much. Thanks for posting!