Recipe by Deantini
Spanish Tapas - A simple dish of grilled goat cheese and baby greens, dressed in a honey vinegar vinaigrette
Top Review by K9 Owned
We loved this salad and I am going to be using this dressing for many other salads this summer. I read the reviews where the goat cheese melted so first I chilled the rounds very well and made sure that the broiler was blazing before I grilled them. They still melted down quite a bit but like the others I didn't mind one - the taste more than made up for any lack in presentaion. Thanks for sharing! made for the Bistro Babes - ZWT 8
- 11 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cups Baby Spinach (or mixed baby green)
- 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven on grill.
- Vinaigrette: Dissolve the salt, pepper and honey in the vinegar and beat in the virgin olive oil until an emulsion forms.
- Cut the cheese into 3/4 inch thick slices and grill in oven until golden.
- Place baby greens on plates, dress with the vinaigrette and add the cheese on top.