Recipe by Deantini
Spanish tapas are smaller and multiple dishes served in one seating and is a wonderful chance at tasting more variety in one meal. I have more tapas listed.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Finally I managed to get hold of some very nice, fresh asparagus & after that putting together this recipe was a breeze! We absolutely enjoyed the use of the lemon & OJ in this sauce ~ It livened up this vegetable so much! And, since I use citrus zest whenever I can, I took Rita's suggestion & added a bit of both for A REALLY SMASH HIT SAUCE! Thanks for a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Went to the Market tag]
- 1 (15 ounce) can white asparagus (or green)
- 2 large egg yolks, hard-boiled
- 1 raw egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 pinch salt, and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the asparagus in a sieve.
- Chop the hard-boiled egg yolks and mix with the raw egg yolk.
- Add the orange and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Gradually add the olive oil, beating as if for mayonnaise.
- Check seasoning to taste.
- Beat the egg white until stiff and add to the sauce.
- Arrange the well-drained asparagus on a serving dish, pour sauce over top and decorate with slices of orange and lemon.