1/2 Photos of Spanish Style Tomato With Ham or Cheese Sandwich
This is a favorite breakfast dish in Spain. It works nicely for lunch and tapas too. It's so easy to make. And kids really like have fun with this. The most important thing is to have fresh ingredients. You can leave out the ham or the cheese or both if you wish and it will still be completely delicious. Make sure to use dry-cured ham. And paper thin slices. The cheese and ham slices, if used, should be thin enough that the taste of the bread, oil and tomato shine out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut roll in half.
- 2Lightly grill or toast roll so it gets a bit brown on top.
- 3Drizzle olive oil on the bread.
- 4Take the tomato in your fist, and holding it over the bread, squeeze it so that the pulp comes out. Continue squeezing so that the pulp goes all over the bread. If you don't like the idea of doing this, you can put the pulp into a container and spoon it onto the bread.
- 5Repeat on other side of the bread.
- 6Top each half with a thin slice of cheese, if desired.
- 7Top each roll half with an extremely thin slice of dry-cured ham if desired. (The slice of ham should be so thin you can see through it).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Style Tomato With Ham or Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 322.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: