Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A split pea soup inspired by the flavors of Spain.
- 4 spanish chorizo sausages (Recommended Brand Palacios)
- 1 ham steak
- 1 (8 ounce) bag dried split peas
- 3 carrots
- 1 head garlic
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 -4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- Slice the Choriza and render the oil in a pot (Le Creuset French Oven).
- Take out the chorizo and add chopped garlic, onion, green pepper, bay leaves, cumin, and chicken boullon cubes, season with ground black pepper.
- sautee until translucent and starts to stick on bottom of pot.
- De glaze pot with wine.
- Add peas, water, cubed ham, and chorizo.
- Simmer for 45 min to 1 hour.