Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo posted for ZWT / Spain. These spicy pork skewers are a classic Spanish dish called Pinchos Morunos. There is 12 hours for the marinating time.
Top Review by Queen Dana
This was really good. I just added the tiniest pinch of saffron and was worried it would be lost, but it was not at all. Saffron has a very distinct flavor and a little goes along way, which is good because it is so expensive. This was very flavorful, but not too spicy. Made for ZWT8 for The Fearless.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into cubes
- salt and pepper
- 4 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass dish or a large sealable bag, combine all the ingredients. Add the meat and toss to coat. Cover the dish or seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium. Oil the grate.
- Thread the meat onto the skewers. Season with salt and pepper. Grill the skewers for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare or until the desired doneness.
- Serve with grilled vegetable skewers.