Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Quick and easy Cooking by Mark Bittman
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 big garlic cloves, peeled and cut into thin slivers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (to taste)
- 2 lbs shrimp, in the 15 20 per-pound range
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine the oil and garlic in a 10 or 12- inch skillet.
- Turn the heat to medium and cook the garlic begins to sizzle, then add the cumin and paprika.
- Stir, raise heat to high, and add the shrimp, along with some salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the shrimp are all pink, no longer.
- Turn off the heat, add the parsley and serve.