Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Not exactly the real deal, but close enough. For salsa, I used medium heat, but depending on your taste buds, you can use anywhere from mild to exra hot!
- 3 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- While cooking the brown rice, add the chicken bouillion cubes for flavour. When cooked, thoroughly, set aside, and let cool completely.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and mix, making sure that all the rice is encoated with the salsa, and all the other ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Serve at immediately, or at room temperature (you can make this ahead, but you have to refrigerate if you plan to serve later in the day).
3 cups uncooked rice is an awful lot of cooked rice!!! I felt that all the other ingredients got lost in the rice and it was really lacking substance (except for rice!) and flavour. There might be a mistake?
I didn't get a chance to make this yet but I'm pretty sure it is supposed to say 1 cup of uncooked brown rice which makes 3 cups of cooked rice.
I made half of this recipe and made it exactly as written using a mild salsa. I found this lacking in flavor for me. It could use some garlic, chili powder and more cumin in my opinion. Good luck in the contest.