Recipe by COOKGIRl
My copycat version of a potato salad from a local source-from the chef himself! Reminder: because this is a copycat recipe, all amounts of ingredients were estimated. For example, I am judicious with the amount of mayonnaise and you can most certainly add more. Use quality ingredients. Easy!
- 1 lb russet potato
- 2⁄3 cup cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon spanish smoked paprika, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup finely minced yellow onion
- 1 dash salt-free garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and peel potatoes. Cut up into chunks.
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling and cook potatoes until fork tender.
- Drain. Set aside to cool briefly.
- Transfer potatoes to a large serving bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise and smoked paprika. Add to the potatoes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill.
- Before serving, adjust seasonings if necessary and garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Tastes better the second day.