Prep 25 mins
Cook 17 mins
If you are looking for a different pizza this would be a good one to try. Got this one from my cooking club
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fast rise yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup water (115°F. to 120°F.)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce or 1⁄2 cup seasoned tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, thinly sliced (about 3 rings)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded manchego cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces smoked chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sliced Spanish olives with pimento
- Place oven rack in lower third of oven.
- Heat oven to 450F.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, yeast and garlic salt.
- In measuring cup, combine water, olive oil and honey; stir to dissolve honey.
- Stir water mixture into flour mixture until ball forms.
- On floured surface (use about 1/4 cup flour), knead dough 3 to 4 minutes or until resilient and no longer sticky, working in flour from counter as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Cover dough with inverted mixing bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease 14-inch pizza pan; dust with cornmeal.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 15-inch round (dough will shrink slightly when lifted).
- Place on pizza pan.
- Spread with sauce; top with bell pepper and onion.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; top with chorizo and green olives.
- Bake an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown around edges.
- Chorizo is a highly seasoned pork sausage; for this recipe, use the smoked links.
- Chorizo can be found in the meat department of the grocery store.
- If you can't find it, substitute any spicy or garlicky smoked sausage.
Double WOW This was not just good it was fantastic. It was so easy . I can not wait to try it again. I hope you have other recipes that are as good as this one but this will be hard to top. Thanks