Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fresh mussels in a tasty light sauce that ANYONE can prepare. It's a good idea to have some fresh, crusty bread to mop up all the sauce.
- 2 kg fresh mussels (scrubbed)
- 1 medium lemon, in quarters
- 1 laurel leaf
- 2 garlic cloves (whole but crushed)
- 8 -10 peppercorns
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 2 small hot peppers (optional)
- 50 ml olive oil
- Put it all in a large pot. Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes until all the mussels are open.
This was a nice, simple way to cook my wild mussels, next time though I will use only 1/2 a hot pepper.