Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Based on Cooks Illustrated's Garlicky Shrimp slow cooker recipe. This recipe produces a generous amount of flavorful broth, so have some crusty bread on hand to soak it up! This recipe is for a small slow cooker; for a large cooker, double the recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (26-30 count)
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Thinly slice garlic.
- Combine oil, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes in the slow cooker and cook on high for half an hour.
- Add shrimp, stir, cover, and continue cooking until shrimp are opaque, 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with parsley before serving.