Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from a supplement that came with Good Food Magazine a few months ago. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty good.
- 1 pinch saffron thread (a large pinch!)
- 100 ml sherry wine (dry or medium)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 yellow peppers, seeds removed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red chile, seeds removed and sliced
- 2 (230 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 200 g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- Crumble the saffron threads into the sherry and set aside until ready to use.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick fry pan, add the sliced pepper and fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and chili and fry for 1-2 minutes until the garlic turns golden.
- Add the tomatoes, prawns and sherry mixture to the pan.
- Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the prawns are pink and firm.
- Sprinkle with parsley and season with pepper.
- Serve over rice.
This is good. I did drain off some of the liquid from the tomatoes and if I were to make again, I would drain all the liquid. It is an easy to put together dish. The recipe calls for yellow peppers and that would definitely add to the colors; however, my garden is going full speed ahead with producing green and purple bell peppers so that is what I used. Served this over recipe #113983.