Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This untried recipe is from WebMD® and sounds so healthy and delicious that I decided to post it for Zaar World Tour II.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped peeled deseeded tomatoes (you may use well-drained chopped canned tomatoes if desired)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- fresh ground pepper
- chopped fresh tarragon
- Cut the fish into semi-small pieces; sauté the fish in heated olive oil until golden-brown; stir in onions, shallots, garlic, tomatoes, cayenne, saffron, and salt.
- Simmer, uncovered, for about 40 minutes; season with fresh-ground pepper and a small handful of tarragon just before serving.
Delicious! Thanks so much for posting. Even my husband gives it a FIVE!
Im giving this four stars because even though it tasted excellent, the fish fell apart a little too much. I used very little tarragon because it tastes too much like black liccorice but it still adds a needed zing. I left out the saffron just because its too expensive. This recipe is very moist and flavorful and ive already made it for two dinners when we had guests. They all loved it.
I'm giving this four stars because dh really liked it, but for me it was just okay. I have tried other Mediterranean-style fish dishes that use roasted red peppers and olives, maybe I was just expecting a bolder flavor. Both kids and dh cleaned their plates, though, good quick weeknight dinner.