Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is really good served over rice and make sure you have plenty of crusty bread to soak up the juices.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 sweet onions, such as Vidalia about 4 cups
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 236.59 ml canned crushed tomatoes in puree
- 177.44 ml dry white wine
- 36 littleneck clams (scrubbed)
- 14.79 ml hot pepper
- Heat olive oil in heavy large pot over medium high heat. Add sliced sweet onions, green and red bell peppers, minced garlic, and bay leaves and saute until onions are golden about 10 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes and wine; season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring mixture to boil and add claims, Cover and cook until clams open (discard clams that do not open) about 8 minutes, Stir in hot pepper sauce and serve.
Sounds Delicious & once I get home I am going to make this for sure! Saldy I am @ school with NO stove top!!!
These are very good. I used about 1 kilo of mussels instead of clams. I think what was missing for us was some fresh herbs thrown in at the end. Other than that a definite keeper. Thanks for posting.