Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rachael Ray's Spanish twist on traditional chicken noodle soup.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 quarts chicken stock
- 1⁄2 lb orzo pasta
- 1 lb chicken, cut in bite size pieces
- 2 (28 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrots, onions,chili powder,and bay leaf, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and add chicken stock. Bring to a boil, add the orzo pasta and cook according to the package instructions adding the chicken pieces during the last 4-5 minutes of cooking along with the tomatoes, corn, and beans to heat through.
- Ladle a portion of soup in a bowl and garnish with sliced scallions and tortilla chips. Serve with time wedges to add a zip.