1/2 Photos of Spanish Style Chicken (Grilled With Raisin Wine Sauce)
I am looking to thin my collection of cookbooks over the next several months. To do so, I’m submitting all of the recipes I tabbed to try one day here for safe keeping. This particular dish comes from an indoor grilling cookbook and would also be suitable for outdoor cooking. It is a true departure from my usual preference for bolder spices, but is truly flavorful treatment of the bland chicken breast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Raisin Wine Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onions and mushrooms and sauté for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally so the vegetables soften without browning.
- 2Stir in flour and continue cooking an additional 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in the broth and wine and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer until it begins to thicken.
- 4And add the lemon juice, bay leaves, pepper, thyme, salt and raisins. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
- 5Mix together the olive oil, garlic, thyme and pepper so that it creates a paste. Cut chicken into ½ inch strips. Toss the chicken strips with the seasoning paste and grill about three minutes or so until cooked.
- 6Serve chicken strips with sauce spooned on top. Goes well with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Style Chicken (Grilled With Raisin Wine Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 227.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 29.5 g