1/1 Photo of Spanish Stuffed Peppers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1Spanish Rice (can be made in advance):.
- 2Sauté onion, garlic and pepper in vegetable oil until tender.
- 3Add rest of ingredients.
- 4Stir, cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- 5Stuffed Peppers:.
- 6Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- 7Cut slit in one side of each chili, removing seeds and membrane, carefully leaving the stem intact.
- 8Mix together Spanish rice, beans and 1 cup cheese.
- 9Divide the rice/bean mixture between the poblano peppers.
- 10Place in casserole dish, cover and bake in 350°F oven for 35 minutes or until chiles are tender.
- 11Sprinkle top with remaining cheese (1 cup) and continue baking until melted (approximately 5 minutes).
- 12Note: Place peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in a 425°F oven for 20-25 minutes until skin is bubbly and browned. Cool in ziplock bag or covered casserole dish for 30 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Peel skin. This process can also be done on an outside grill or over a gas burner.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Stuffed Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.1
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 1283.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 19.3 g