Recipe by CraftScout
Well, this recipe started life as part of a tapas menu put together by Kraft Foods. Then I got a hold of it with a need to post recipes for ZWT III. After a spot of research and some trials, this is what I came up with. Don't use the precooked chorizo for this one, because you need to be able to pack it into the caps. If you can't find (or it is out of your budget) manchego, the original recipe used mozzerella. And of course, feel free to substitute your choice of lubricating substance for the Italian dressing, I just really like the flavor it adds (and it's quicker than mixing something up as a glaze).
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup chorizo sausage, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup manchego cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and remove stems from mushrooms. Brush lightly (and I do mean lightly!) with dressing and broil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook and drain sausage.
- When mushrooms are done, press about 1/2 t. sausage into each mushroom cap. The caps will shrink quite a bit, so this is tricky. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Broil an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.