Recipe by Ray G
This is a great recipe if your on a low carb diet.Fast ,easy,delicious and economical.
Top Review by TOOLBELT DIVA
Excessive amount of sodium in this recipe. (1) Spanish Rice Mix (2) Cheddar Cheese (3) Salt and Pepper (4) Seasoning/Envelope (you do not specify the seasonings; there are many combinations from which to choose) On their own the individual ingredients above might be acceptable, however, in combination, the sodium is overpowering.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium tomatoes (use half for the mix)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 stalk of chopped celery
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 3⁄4 envelope Spanish rice mix
- 4 ounces of grated strong cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon green pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 envelope seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size bowl,mix all ingredients except for the cheese.
- Separate the meat mixture into two equal halves.
- Mold one half into a large oval 6"x3" and make a cavity the whole length leaving an inch all around.
- Insert cheddar into cavity.
- Mold other half and place atop the filled loaf making sure it's sealed all around.
- Place meatloaf on a pie plate and put in oven at 325'for about an hour.
- If you find it darkening too much, cover with aluminum foil.
- Meanwhile,in a small pot,put 1 cup of water 1/4 remaining packet of seasonings, 1/2 of the tomato 1tbs of green peppers& celery& let steep till meatloaf is done.
- Thicken gravy with arrowroot& serve over meatloaf.