Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great recipe if your on a low carb diet.Fast ,easy,delicious and economical.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium tomatoes (use half for the mix)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 stalk of chopped celery
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 3⁄4 envelope Spanish rice mix
- 4 ounces of grated strong cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon green pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 envelope seasoning
- In a medium size bowl,mix all ingredients except for the cheese.
- Separate the meat mixture into two equal halves.
- Mold one half into a large oval 6"x3" and make a cavity the whole length leaving an inch all around.
- Insert cheddar into cavity.
- Mold other half and place atop the filled loaf making sure it's sealed all around.
- Place meatloaf on a pie plate and put in oven at 325'for about an hour.
- If you find it darkening too much, cover with aluminum foil.
- Meanwhile,in a small pot,put 1 cup of water 1/4 remaining packet of seasonings, 1/2 of the tomato 1tbs of green peppers& celery& let steep till meatloaf is done.
- Thicken gravy with arrowroot& serve over meatloaf.
Excessive amount of sodium in this recipe. (1) Spanish Rice Mix (2) Cheddar Cheese (3) Salt and Pepper (4) Seasoning/Envelope (you do not specify the seasonings; there are many combinations from which to choose) On their own the individual ingredients above might be acceptable, however, in combination, the sodium is overpowering.