Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great to have, really can be spicy according to how hot the Rotel is and the heat of the chopped jalapenos. This tastes great on mashed potatoes or rice.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs steak, tenderized, cut into single serving sizes or 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into single serving sizes
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- seasoning salt (optional)
- Spray deep skillet with cooking spray or lightly oil (May use a couple of TBS. Oil if needed to keep meat from sticking but not necessary if using Teflon coated pan.).
- Season meat with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Brown on both sides.
- Add vegetables, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until meat is tender.
i think it was great of course i know how to cook mex food tho
Does need a bit more instruction such as how long to cook after adding the remaining ingredients. The flavor was okay when made with the rotel. Next time I will add more seasoning to it. Garlic or something. Also, I simmered it for about 15 minutes.
needs more instruction.