Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Tangy, saucy steak. Great with a side of egg noodles.
- 1 lb round steak
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut steak in serving pieces.
- Roll in flour.
- Heat oil; salt and pepper steaks; and brown on each side.
- Place in baking dish.
- Add onion to oil, saute until soft.
- Add pepper, mushrooms, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour over steaks in baking dish.
- Bake, covered at 350* for 1/1/2 hour.
Hi Inez, this is a great recipe. A rich flavour. The lemon gave it a zing. The only thing I did differently was cook this in a crockpot. Yummy. I served it with mashed potatoes. Thank you.
Loved the flavor. Very quick and easy to make!
This is really good!!! I did add a can of ro*tel diced tomatoes & green chilies,and used 1 can tomato sauce..and pressure cooked for 10 min.the sauce is so good on mashed potatoes...bet this would be good with pork,chicken,or any meat.thanks Miss Nezz..family says I better kept this one.