Recipe by mandabears
This is a recipe from my hero, Mr. Food. It makes my favorite vegetable Spinach into a dish everyone likes.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the soup, spinach and bread crumbs and eggs and mix well.
- Pour mixture in to a 9x5 loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted in to the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan, then invert onto a serving platter and cut into 1 inch slices.
- FYI this is a perfect make ahead dish. Just reheat as needed.