Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Elegant start to a summer meal
- 1 spanish hot banana pepper, diced into small pieces
- 2 cups yellow tomatoes, peeled and seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, small dice
- 3 scallions, split and diced
- 3 cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- hot sauce, couple splashes
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- Prepare cucumber by cutting into 2 inch rounds.
- Scoop out the seeds and flesh in the centre of the cucumber using a melon baller or spoon.
- Be careful not to go all the way through the cup. (Place scooped cucumber into a bowl).
- Carve out enough of the cucumber to leave a ½ inch (8 mm) border, along sides and bottom. You should have 12 mini cups.
- Place all of the remaining ingredients in a food processor including the reserved cucumber.
- Puree until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add vodka and strain through a colander.
- Chill for 1 hour and up to overnight to develop flavor.
- Pour puree into cucumber cups and serve immediately.