1/2 Photos of Spanish Spicy Sausage and Cheese Tortilla
This substantial tortilla is delicious hot or cold. Cut it into chunky wedges and serve for supper or a light lunch.The addition of spicy chorizo and tangy cheese gives it a wonderful, rich flavor. Found it on spain-recipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 73.94 ml olive oil
- 170.09 g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 680.38 g waxy potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 Spanish onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 extra large eggs
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 236.59 ml grated manchego cheese or 236.59 ml other hard cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 11. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a 8-inch non-stick frying pan and fry the sausage until golden brown and cooked through. Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- 22.Add a further 2 tbsp oil to the pan and fry the potatoes and onions for 2-3 minutes, turning frequently (the pan will be very full).
- 33.Cover tightly and cook over a gentle heat for about 30 minutes turning occasionally, until softened and slightly golden.
- 44. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, parsley, cheese, sausage and plenty seasoning.
- 55. Gently stir in the potatoes and onions until coated, taking care not to break up the potato too much.
- 66. Wipe out the pan with kitchen paper and heat the remaining 2 tbsp oil.
- 77. Add the potato mixture and cook, over a very low heat, until the egg begins to set. Use a metal spatula to prevent the tortilla from sticking and allow the uncooked egg to run underneath.
- 88. Preheat the grill (broiler) to high. When the base of the tortilla has set, which should take about 5 minutes, protect the pan handle with foil and place the tortilla under the grill until it is set and golden.
- 99.Cut into wedges and serve garnished with parsley.
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Spicy Sausage and Cheese Tortilla
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.5
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 188.5 mg
- Sodium 413.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: