Recipe by Sharon123
These tapas style almonds are traditionally deep fried, but you can get the same results from oven roasting! Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Delicious although I only had one almond to try. (My husband ate the rest.) I increased the heat to 325 degrees and baked the almonds for about 22 minutes total. They were not done in the 10 minutes time indicated in the directions. Reviewed for the French forum-Spice of the Month: Paprika. Thank you.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons smoked paprika (hot or mild)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups blanched whole almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste (or kosher salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300*F.
- Warm the oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add paprika dn cumin, and stir 1 minute to mix and release flavors. Remove from heat when mixutre just begins to bubble. Move to a medium bowl, and stir in the almonds.
- Transfer almonds to parchment lined baking sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle right away with salt, and move to wire rack. Let dry at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!