Another Spanish recipe from Bobby Flay. Posted for ZWT5 Spain
Make and share this Spanish Spice Rubbed Rib-Eye With Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 grilled red bell peppers, peeled, seeded and chopped (or 4 piquillo peppers, drained and chopped)
- 177.44 ml aged sherry wine vinegar
- 44.37 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml prepared horseradish, drained
- 29.58 ml honey
- 14.79 ml molasses
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
For the Spanish spice rub
- 44.37 ml spanish paprika
- 14.79 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 14.79 ml mustard seeds, ground
- 14.79 ml fennel seed, ground
- 9.85 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
For the rib-eye
- 4 (1360.77 g) boneless rib-eyes or 4 (1360.77 g) New York strip steaks or 4 (1360.77 g) filet mignon
- olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- For the sherry vinegar steak sauce:.
- Place the peppers, vinegar, mustard, horseradish, honey, molasses, Worcestershire, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, watching for steak sauce consistency. Can be made 1 day in advance and refrigerated.
- For the Spanish spice rub:.
- Whisk together the paprika, anco chili powder, mustard, fellen, salt and pepper in a small bowl until combined.
- Twenty minutes before grilling, remove the steakds from the refrigerator and let sit, covered at room temperature.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Brush the steaks on both sides with oil and season liberally with salt and black pepper. Rub 1 side of each steak with 1 tablespoon of the rub. Place the steaks on the grill, rub-side down and let cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn steaks over and continue grilling 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare doneness (internal temperature 135 degrees F), medium doneness (140 degrees F), medium-well doneness (150 degrees F). Remove the steaks to a cutting board or platter, tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce on the side.