1/2 Photos of Spanish Spice Rubbed Rib-Eye With Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce
Another Spanish recipe from Bobby Flay. Posted for ZWT5 Spain
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 grilled red bell peppers, peeled, seeded and chopped (or 4 piquillo peppers, drained and chopped)
- 177.44 ml aged sherry wine vinegar
- 44.37 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml prepared horseradish, drained
- 29.58 ml honey
- 14.79 ml molasses
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
For the Spanish spice rub
- 44.37 ml spanish paprika
- 14.79 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 14.79 ml mustard seeds, ground
- 14.79 ml fennel seed, ground
- 9.85 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
For the rib-eye
- 4 (1360.77 g) boneless rib-eyes or 4 (1360.77 g) New York strip steaks or 4 (1360.77 g) filet mignon
- olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1For the sherry vinegar steak sauce:.
- 2Place the peppers, vinegar, mustard, horseradish, honey, molasses, Worcestershire, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, watching for steak sauce consistency. Can be made 1 day in advance and refrigerated.
- 3For the Spanish spice rub:.
- 4Whisk together the paprika, anco chili powder, mustard, fellen, salt and pepper in a small bowl until combined.
- 5Twenty minutes before grilling, remove the steakds from the refrigerator and let sit, covered at room temperature.
- 6Preheat grill to high.
- 7Brush the steaks on both sides with oil and season liberally with salt and black pepper. Rub 1 side of each steak with 1 tablespoon of the rub. Place the steaks on the grill, rub-side down and let cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn steaks over and continue grilling 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare doneness (internal temperature 135 degrees F), medium doneness (140 degrees F), medium-well doneness (150 degrees F). Remove the steaks to a cutting board or platter, tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Spice Rubbed Rib-Eye With Sherry Vinegar Steak Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.6
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1517.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar