Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From Margaret Murray, Lindsey, Ohio, as submitted to BH&G.
- 8 ounces pork sausage links
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs meaty pork spareribs, cut in 2-rib pieces
- 3 bacon, slices cut up
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 ounces canned tomatoes, cut up
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces noodles, cooked and still hot
Directions See How It's Made
- In Dutch oven, brown sausage. Remove and drain off fat.
- In same pan, brown ribs, half at a time; remove.
- Add bacon, onion, and garlic; cook until bacon is crisp and onion is tender.
- Return meats to pan.
- Add undrained tomatoes, beef broth, olives, and parsley.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour or until ribs are tender. Remove meat; keep warm.
- Skim off fat; measure sauce. Add water, if necessary, to make 2 1/2 cups liquid; return to pan.
- Blend flour with 1/2 cup cold water. Stir into liquid.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Serve meat over hot cooked noodles. Pass sauce.