I doubt there are many among us who don't like spaghetti & I doubt there are many of you who won't love this Spanish version that features the addition of pimento-stuffed olives. This recipe was found at myrecipes.com & a Dec 2009 contribution by David Joachim in Cooking Light was credited. (10 min was allowed for ingredient prep) *Enjoy!*
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed (optional)
- 8 ounces ground beef, extra-lean
- 1 2⁄3 cups marinara sauce, low-sodium
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon capers, small
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped & divided
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions (Omit salt & fat). Drain.
- Heat oil in a lrg skillet over med-high heat. Add onion & sauté 4 min or until tender. Add garlic & sauté 1 minute. Stir in oregano, celery salt, red pepper, black pepper & saffron (if desired).
- Crumble beef into pan. Cook 5 min or until beef is browned, stirring to further crumble the beef. Stir in marinara sauce, olives, sherry, capers & 3 tbsp parsley. Bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer 15 minutes.
- Add cooked spaghetti to sauce mixture. Cook 2 min or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle w/remaining 1 tbsp parsley to serve.