Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
In this super-easy and delicious recipe, wing pieces roast in just a few well-chosen spices until they're golden-crisp and completely irresistible. Recipe was chosen for the "Best of the Best Cookbook Vol. 11: The Best Recipes from the 25 Best Cookbooks of the Year" by the Editors of Food & Wine. Recipe is originally from Kate Heyhoe's cookbook, "Great Bar Food at Home".
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika, preferably Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Mix together the cumin, garlic, marjoram, paprika, and salt in a small bowl. Rinse the chicken pieces and pat dry. Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken. Pour the olive oil onto a large baking sheet and spread it around. Roll the chicken pieces in the oil until lightly coated on all sides, then arrange them neatly in a single layer without touching.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the pieces over and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes. They should be slightly crisp and golden on the outside. Serve hot or at room temperature.