Recipe by kitty.rock
No tapas buffet would be complete without garlic shrimp, the most ubiquitous of bar foods. From 'EatingWell.com' and posted for ZWT5 and ZWT8.
Top Review by Az B
What a super easy yet great tasting meal! Followed the recipe exactly, but also added some chili powder for a little kick. Served with Recipe #113983. Made for ZWT5 Storybook challenge.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1⁄2 of a dried red chili pepper
- 1 lb medium peeled and deveined shrimp (tails left on)
- kosher sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir oil, garlic, bay leaf and crushed red pepper (or chile) in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until garlic just begins to color, about 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and season with salt.
- Stir until shrimp turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in wine and lemon juice.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with parsley; remove bay leaf.
- Serve immediately.