Recipe by queencuisine_10614254
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. When I need a quick go-to recipe, I always have Simply Potatoes and bacon in the fridge, and shrimp in the freezer. This simple supper is as delicious as it is speedy. The Old Bay seasoning works great with both the shrimp and the potatoes, and the bacon brings a smoky richness. Yum!
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced multi-colored mini bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, divided (such as Old Bay)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs peeled and deveined medium shrimp (thawed if frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, that has a cover, cook bacon over medium heat 5 minutes, or to desired crispness. Remove, with a slotted spoon, to paper towels to drain. Leave a thin layer of drippings in the skillet; pour off and reserve remaining drippings.
- Add potatoes to the skillet with the reserved bacon drippings, keeping over medium heat. Cover pan and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until browned and tender, stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1½ TBSP of the reserved bacon drippings in another large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add bell peppers, sprinkle with ½ teaspoons of the seafood seasoning and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Toss shrimp with remaining 1½ teaspoons seafood seasoning and add to bell pepper mixture. Saute for an additional 4 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Mix shrimp mixture into potatoes, sprinkle with bacon, and serve. Serves 4.