Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This delicious main dish features the lively spices and flavors of Spain, including cumin, paprika, Sherry, almonds and olives. The smoky bacon and Manchego cheese add a bit of decadence to the tasty shrimp and potato base.
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs medium peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1/3 cup whole roasted salted almond (Marcona almonds preferred)
- 4 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley, divided
- 3/4 cup freshly grated manchego cheese (or substitute Parmesan)
- 1In a large oven-safe skillet, that has a cover, cook bacon over medium heat to desired crispness. Remove to paper towels to drain. Leave a thin layer of bacon drippings in the pan, pour off any excess.
- 2Add potatoes to reserved bacon drippings, keeping over medium heat. Cover pan and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until browned and tender, stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, heat olive oil in another large skillet over medium high heat. Add bell pepper and sauté for 4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 2 additional minutes.
- 4Meanwhile combine paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp and shake to coat evenly.
- 5Add shrimp to pepper mixture and saute for 2 minutes. Add Sherry and broth, and cook until reduced by about half, and shrimp is cooked thru, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.
- 6Stir shrimp mixture into potatoes. Stir in olives, almonds and half of the minced parsley. Sprinkle cheese atop and place skillet in the oven for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- 7Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Serves 4.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Shrimp & Potato Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.3
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 199.3 mg
- Sodium 1486.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion