Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe has a great smoky flavor from the combination of the Fire Roasted Tomatoes and the smoked paprika. It is easy, fast, and elegant for a party. Pulled from recipe contest site.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canfire roasted diced tomatoes, well drained (reserve 3 tablespoons of the juice)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 3 tablespoons capers, well drained
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 16 ounces baguette
- shaved manchego cheese
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the drained Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, garlic, shrimp, capers, smoked paprika, and ground white pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the shrimp are just cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice the baguette into diagonal-cut, 1-inch slices. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the reserved tomato juice with the remaining olive oil, and brush the mixture on one side of each of the bread slices. Arrange the slices, oiled side up, on a cookie sheet or baking pan, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crisp.
- Arrange some of the shrimp mixture on each toasted baguette slice, and garnish with shavings of manchego cheese. Serve immediately. Serves 8-10 as a starter.