Recipe by GinnyP
I don't really know what makes a dish Spanish. But I do know this is good eating! Serve as a main dish or as an appetizer.
Top Review by JustJanS
This was so good. Really lovely hot, herby lemony flavours. We marinated our shrimp in the mix, but used about half the oil, then stir fried them in a wok, and ate them with rice and a salad. Fantastic.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined,shells left intact
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the grill over high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, shallots, cumin, paprika, about 1/2 tsp kosher salt, and 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the shrimp and stir to coat the shrimp thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Using a small grate grill rack, grill the shrimp for about 1-2 minutes per side or until pink and just cooked through.
- (If you don't have a small grill rack you can also thread the shrimp on skewers to prevent them from falling through your rack.) Remove from the grill and garnish with cilantro and parsley.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the top of the shrimp and serve.