I don't really know what makes a dish Spanish. But I do know this is good eating! Serve as a main dish or as an appetizer.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined,shells left intact
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the grill over high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, shallots, cumin, paprika, about 1/2 tsp kosher salt, and 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the shrimp and stir to coat the shrimp thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Using a small grate grill rack, grill the shrimp for about 1-2 minutes per side or until pink and just cooked through.
- (If you don't have a small grill rack you can also thread the shrimp on skewers to prevent them from falling through your rack.) Remove from the grill and garnish with cilantro and parsley.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the top of the shrimp and serve.
This was so good. Really lovely hot, herby lemony flavours. We marinated our shrimp in the mix, but used about half the oil, then stir fried them in a wok, and ate them with rice and a salad. Fantastic.
Made this tonight and had a brain freeze and put the cilantro and italian parsley in with the mix...it was awesome! I may try the hot frying pan next time as others have suggested, so that we have more "base" to put over rice, etc. The shrimp flavor is awesome, not sure I'd do the cilantro and parsley if we just grill them next time as we didn't think it needed the extra flavor, the shrimp would be good enough without those two ingredients if you don't have them or like them.
This is THE best shrimp dish I have ever had! Lots of flavors hit you all at once with this one! I served it over some jasmine rice and it was great together! All the raves you see... Believe it's THAT good!