6 hrs 15 mins
This is a shredded pork recipe that has unique and delicious flavors. A nice change from the typical pulled pork with bbq sauce. It comes together easily and needs no tending while it cooks. The only tricky part is finding smoked paprika--I don't think you can find that at the regular market--but I suppose that any sweet or hot 'regular' paprika will do... Measurements of spices are approximate, I usually just sprinkle the meat until it is well-coated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Zest the orange (grate only the colored part of the skin), and juice it.
- 2In the bottom of your slow cooker or clay pot, sprinkle half of the seasonings and half the orange zest.
- 3Set the meat atop seasonings, then sprinkle remaining half of seasonings/zest over.
- 4Pour the orange juice around the meat. Add enough water, if necessary, to just cover the bottom of the pot and moisten any seasoning that didn't adhere to the meat.
- 5Cook in the oven at about 250 degrees F for 5-6 hours or until it shreds easily with a fork. Or in your crockpot, medium 6-8 hours.
- 6Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.
- 7If you want to be more labor-intensive, use fresh sliced onion and minced garlic, butterfly the meat or stab it several times and work the seasoning into the meat before popping it into the oven.
- 8These flavors could also be used with chicken -- maybe a whole bird, stuff the cavity with the spent orange -- remove the lid to brown the bird for the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Seasoned Pork (Slow Cooker, Crockpot)
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.3
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 151.9 mg
- Sodium 1291.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 44.2 g